Karros Technologies gets students to school safely and on time.
We are a world leader in student transportation systems, and we tackle three important problems to help public and private schools transport their students to and from class. Route optimization allows transportation departments to meet growing transportation needs with diminishing resources. GPS tracking and predictive machine Learning helps users reconcile the differences between planned routes versus actual data that is pulled live from their fleet of buses. systems that aid our customers in utilizing their transportation resources, detecting anomalies, and generally modernizing the transportation industry. Engineering of scalable distributed software in the cloud allows Karros to provide vital services to the public school district and their transportation departments at reasonable costs.
- Build multi-system test environments and automated test suites.
- Collaborate with developers, product managers, operations engineers, and fellow test engineers to create and execute an effective testing strategy.
- Specify, design, implement, and evolve our automated test framework to guarantee quality by preventing defects from making it to our customers.
- Conduct system diagnostic analysis to identify areas for continuous improvements and resolve complex software issues.
- Isolate root causes of bugs and problem software behavior.
- Coach and mentor SDETs on test development and execution efforts.
- Research, develop and/or recommend tools to assist SDETs in test creation, execution, and reporting.
What you bring to the team:
- Excellent knowledge of SDET/QA methodology & software development processes (Agile, Scrum).
- Extensive experience with various types of testing including functional, performance, compatibility, usability, reliability, security, maintainability & portability.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other SDETs.
- Knowledge of mobile applications, microservices, distributed systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work with a minimum of supervision while collaborating with colleagues in multiple departments and time zones.
- Strong scripting & automation skills, e.g., Python, bash.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience, and 4+ years of professional experience as a software test engineer, system programmer, or software developer.
- Competitive health care plan (medical, dental, and vision)
- Matching 401(k) contributions
- Flexible work-from-home policy. However, you are required to meet in person for some Scrum rituals.
- A flexible work environment that encourages personal and career growth.
- Training and convention opportunities to help expand your skillset.
Karros Technologies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.