Karros Technologies gets students to school safely and on time.
We are a world leader in student transportation systems, and we tackle three important problems to help public and private schools transport their students to and from class. Route optimization allows transportation departments to meet growing transportation needs with diminishing resources. GPS tracking and predictive machine Learning helps users reconcile the differences between planned routes versus actual data that is pulled live from their fleet of buses. systems that aid our customers in utilizing their transportation resources, detecting anomalies, and generally modernizing the transportation industry. Engineering of scalable distributed software in the cloud allows Karros to provide vital services to the public school district and their transportation departments at reasonable costs.
- Build and maintain deep knowledge of design patterns and their applications.
- Take an active role in breaking down an epic into multiple sprints and tickets.
- Define the best implementation method and related effort to answer a given problem within our distributed microservices
- Identify and drive code improvements, including technical debt.
- Author feature-specific design docs.
- Serve as an example of quality code and design, and push for better processes around how the team operates. Mentor others and proactively identify opportunities to improve intra- and/or inter-team capability, such as interviewing and
- active participation in guilds.
- Advocate for a solid technical approach and influence peers.
- Technical stack & patterns:
- Kafka & Kafka Streams for high-performance and real-time processing.
- NiFi for data pipelining, tooling, and ETL.
- Java Spring Boot for distributed microservices.
- ElasticSearch for persistence
- Native iOS and Android for mobile applications
- Event sourcing & command sourcing
What you bring to the team:
- Experience architecting container-based microservice platforms using Java.
- Experience with Elastic Search or similar DB.
- Experience writing scalable, high-performant, instrumented, and clean code.
- Good understanding of Amazon Web Services including ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, etc.
- Experience working on teams with a heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, and Quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to work with a minimum of supervision while collaborating with colleagues in multiple departments and time zones.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry experience, and 8+ years of professional experience as a software test engineer,
- system programmer, or software developer.
This is not a remote position and you will be required to live in the Austin area.
- Competitive health care plan (medical, dental, and vision)
- Matching 401(k) contributions
- Flexible work-from-home policy. However, you are required to meet in person for some Scrum rituals.
- A flexible work environment that encourages personal and career growth.
- Training and convention opportunities to help expand your skillset.
Karros Technologies LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year